The following will help you to live your best life …
1. Be yourself. Do you know who you are? Have you lost touch with parts of yourself? You were created to be someone who is individual and unique. Don’t let life or relationships change who you were meant to be.
2. Make time for those you love. We only have so much time, but often our use of that time is scattered. Too often, the urgent takes priority. Relationships matter more than anything else. Don’t forget the people who mean something to you.
3. Treat other people as you’d like them to treat you. It’s very tempting to treat like with like, and to get back at people who are unkind to you. But that isn’t really who we really want to be. You want to be a person of integrity.
4. If it hurts, let it go. Easy to say and difficult to do. And the deeper the wound, the more challenging this is. When it comes to most slights, hurts and injuries, letting go is a process that continues for years. But being willing to let go is the first step on the road.
5. Change your thoughts to change your feelings. I wonder how many old lies we believe – about whether we’re worth loving … or deserved to be loved … or we should feel ashamed of what we’ve done, or who we are. But whatever has happened, today is a new day. It’s a clean page in the book. Life can start again.
6. Don’t put it off. If it’s important, do it today. Don’t live with regret. Don’t wait till it’s too late.
7. Enjoy the journey – it’s not just about goals. Goals are good; they can bring us alive. They develop new skills. They allow us to achieve. But being on the journey is rewarding too. We enjoy seeing progress. It adds meaning to our days.
8. You only have one life – so make it meaningful. Think long and hard about who you want to be, how you want to live your life, and what you want to achieve. When you look back in a decade … or four … or even five, what would give a sense of peace, and contentment, and pride?
9. Be kind to others. Whether they you think they deserve it or not. We neve really know what’s going on in others’ lives. And a word, or act, of kindness can go a long, long way.
10. Always find a reason to laugh and smile. These will lighten our load and add joy to our life. They make the journey worth it. You’ll be happier as well …
“Create a life that feels good on the inside. Not just one that looks good on the outside.”