1. You deserve to be loved for yourself, and treated with kindness and respect.
2. You are important. How you feel matters. What happened to you matters.
3. You are not fundamentally flawed; you are not worth less than anybody else.
4. What happened to you was not your fault, and you are not what happened to you.
5. All of your feelings are valid – and you don’t have to justify them or explain them.
6. Your reactions are normal for a trauma survivor. There is no need to doubt your sanity.
7. You are allowed to have terrible days. Healing isn’t linear; you’re on a roller coaster.
8. It’s OK not to know what you need to heal. Trust the process. It will lead you there in time.
9. You are allowed to talk about what happened. You don’t need permission to share your trauma story.
10. You don’t need to bear this burden alone. There are those who understand. You can get the help you need.